We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to assist with plant watering and gardening of areas within Earby.
Applicants must have experience of general ground maintenance, good communication skills and the ability to work with the minimum of supervision.
The Council is looking for a flexible and enthusiastic person with a ‘can do’ approach. The successful candidate will show initiative and have determination, tenacity and energy.
Salary: TBC – Based on qualifications and experience.
Hours: 2 hours x 2 days (with an additional day in hot weather) to be completed in either the morning or evening. Days to be confirmed, and to fall evenly through the week to ensure adequate watering.
- The Seasonal Plant Watering Vacancy is a temporary position. Under the direct supervision of the lengths-man and the clerk.
- The primary responsibility is ensuring that plants are watered efficiently.
- This role may also involve assisting with garden work and general maintenance as required, such as planting, grooming, weeding, mulching and other related tasks.
- The role will involve use of garden tools and machinery necessary for the performance of these duties.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists with the planting, watering, fertilizing, and grooming of plants.
- Assists with the pruning of trees and shrubs, as necessary.
- Assist with moving plant material and garden supplies from one site to another to facilitate proper care of plants.
- Assist with spreading mulch and applying compost and other materials
- Assist with weeding of planting beds and other landscape areas.
- Operate small machinery when necessary to perform specific tasks.
- Other related work as required.
The job description is provided to assist the post holder to know the main areas of responsibility. These maybe amended to include any other duties suitable to the grade of the post.
- Must have the ability to work unsupervised.
- Must hold applicable qualifications
- Must have a clean driving licence.
- Must be practical and multi-skilled.
- Must be polite and public facing, as a representative of the Council.
- Must be willing to attend training sessions as required.
For an application form please visit the Town Council’s website - http://www.earbytowncouncil.uk/
Alternatively, contact the Clerk at email@example.com
Office Hours 9:00am-3:00pm Tuesday to Friday.
Completed applications can be submitted via the email address above or posted to;
Earby Town Council
The Parish Rooms
Closing date for all applications is Wednesday 8th May 2019.
Interviews scheduled for the week commencing the 13th May 2019.
Please note that if you have not been invited to interview within a week of the closing date you have not been successful at reaching the short-listing stage.
A DBS check will be required for this post.