We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to work on local services, projects, ground maintenance, allotments and other land/property management duties within Earby.
Applicants must have experience of general ground maintenance, good communication skills and the ability to work with the minimum of supervision.
The Council is looking for a flexible and enthusiastic person with a ‘can do’ approach. The successful candidate will show initiative and have determination, tenacity and energy.
Salary: TBC – Based on qualifications and experience.
Hours: 2 days a week, as agreed with line manager. Total 15 hours.
(7.5 hours per day, with a half hour unpaid lunch break).
To carry out maintenance and general repair work of Earby Town Council owned/managed open spaces and property.
- To undertake maintenance, repair, alterations and improvement work of Town Council owned/managed property, including decoration, building, repair and basic plumbing activities.
- To undertake maintenance of Town Council owned/managed open spaces including tidying, planting, weeding, strimming, grass cutting and general gardening activities.
- To undertake maintenance of all flower beds and boarders cultivated by the Town Council and areas as directed.
- To operate light tools and other equipment ensuring compliance with operating instructions.
- To collect, erect, dismantle and return events equipment.
- To be aware of Health and Safety requirements relevant to the role and undertake all activities in a safe and effective manner.
- To carry out any identified maintenance work on allotment sites.
- To drive a company vehicle as may be required to transport tools and equipment to various sites.
- To report to the Town Clerk/Deputy Town Clerk any defects found to any council owned or managed property and open spaces that requires escalation.
- To ensure that any work is done safely and efficiently and to take advice from the Clerk, where safety critical matters are to be considered.
- Where required by the Town Clerk, the post holder may be given a supervisory role over contractors carrying out work on behalf of the Council. The post holder may be directed by the Clerk to be responsible for the safety and well-being of other contractors, ground care staff and apprentices.
The job description is provided to assist the post holder to know the main areas of responsibility. These maybe amended to include any other duties suitable to the grade of the post.
- Must have the ability to work unsupervised.
- Must hold applicable qualifications
- Must have a clean driving licence.
- Must be practical and multi-skilled.
- Must be polite and public facing, as a representative of the Council.
- Must be willing to attend training sessions as required.
For an application form please visit the documents section on the Town Council’s website.
Alternatively, contact the Clerk at email@example.com
Office Hours 9:00am-3:00pm Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
Completed applications can be submitted via the email address above or posted to;
Earby Town Council
The Parish Rooms
Closing date for all applications is Friday 22nd March 2019.
Interviews scheduled for the week commencing the 1st April 2019.
Please note that if you have not been invited to interview within a week of the closing date you have not been successful at reaching the short-listing stage.
A DBS check will be required for this post.